Dan Wasserman - Director
Talia Bargil - NBPA.com
The NBPA’s primary liaison with international, national and regional media, the function of the Communications Department is to monitor and service the NBA and news media, issue press releases on behalf of the NBPA and coordinate press conferences. The Communications Department also:
- Counsels players on how to deal with the media; handles player complaints regarding specific media outlets or stories; and provides media training to players who need assistance.
- Develops media strategy and message points for NBPA officials and officers on topics including NBPA programming, community service initiatives, events, as well as collective bargaining and legal matters.
- Coordinates NBPA and player media credential requests.
- Assists players in identifying and developing marketing opportunities.
- Assists NBPA Sponsorship Department in developing and maintaining sponsor affiliations and relationships.